Kids routine for easier washdays, quick refresh tips and styling
We've all been there. Tantrums, tears, belly laughs and everything between. Establishing a curl care routine with a little one (or an older one!) can be challenging.
Ensure they get a good cleanse. Successful washdays only need to happen once a week. Double cleanse if they do a lot of sport or tend to get mucky!
Rotate the Quinoa Repair Deep Conditioner and the Babassu Quench Leave-In Curl Primer each week. For extra tangly or coarse curls use the Babassu Quench every week with the bi-weekly Quinoa Repair. Focus application on mid-shaft to ends and the nape area.
Layer the stylers! Acai Berry Fix Defining Gel is a perfect base for both the Papaya Slip Taming Potion or the Bamboo Ginseng Curling Glaze. Apply by sectioning (even if it is just two sections!) using the “praying hand method” of gliding your palms in a smoothing motion down with hair sandwiched between. Gently flip head over and then scrunch curls upwards. This enhances the curl and distributes the styling gel combo evenly. Try to explain to them the importance of not touching their curls during the drying process so that they achieve little to no frizz. Ideally their hair should be dry or mostly dry before bed.
Sleep tips to minimise frizz
Pineapple the hair at night (high ponytail at forehead like a unicorn so they sleep on the underside of their curls). If that is not ideal or the hair is short, try a silk/satin pillowcase. Sleep with the cast in and then scrunch it out in the morning.
Refresh (on dry curls)
Moisturise dry curls with a little pump of Miracle Maca Moisture Balm between washes if needed. Especially at the ends.
Refresh (on wet curls)
1) If a dry refresh won't cut it, use a water spray bottle and re-scrunch. If you like, add a pump or two of Papaya Slip Taming Potion or Acai Berry Fix Defining Gel to the bottle and shake before use. o
2) Add a pea size amount of gel to individual curl clumps or smooth over frizz on crown area.
- Never brush their curls dry. It causes frizz resulting in curls losing definition.
- Avoid touching curls during the drying process.
- Curls love moisture. Leave-in conditioner like our Babassu Quench Leave-In Curl Primer is your best friend!